Mobile Prepaid Data
Handset Frequency: 900 Mhz; Average Speed: the data speed ranges from 100 kbps to 130 kbps
Handset Frequency: 850 mhz and 2100 mhz
Bhutan Telecom Limited launched the trial service for GPRS & EDGE on 5th April 2008 and 3G on 21st April, 2008. The commercial launch was held on 5th May, 2008.
Basic Handset Configuration
1. Call 1600 or visit any BTL counter and activate 3G on your number
2. For Android Devices:
1. Go to network settings on your phone and select mobile networks
2. Add access point and fill in the details as shown below
1. Name : Give connection a name (it can be anything): example BTL
2. APN : internet
3. Authentication Type : PAP or CHAP
3. Save the access point and select the access point
Note : The handset configuration might differ depending on model and manufacturer of handset.
The average speed for 3G/GPRS & EDGE are as follows:
* For GPRS data service, the data speed range is from 30kbps to 40kbps
* For EDGE data service, the data speed range is from 100kbps to 130 kbps
* For 3G data service, the data speed range is from 550kbps to 1mbps
Bhutan Telecom’s 4G (LTE) service was launched on the 24th of October, 2013.
LTE was launched in Thimphu, Thimphu being the nation’s one of the most valuable data markets. 4G service operates in 1800 MHz (band 3) with Frequency Division Duplex (FDD) technology. This band was chosen since it is widely adopted by most Southeast Asian Countries which means that dongles and other devices like phones could be easily available in the market. But customers are advised to check with their vendors if their gadgets support this frequency band before availing 4G service. Some examples of gadgets that can support this service are Sony Z, HTC one, Nokia Lumia-920 and iPad mini among others.
Portable and unique design
Support Cat 4, Download upto 150Mbps
Upload upto 50 Mbps
Support SMS/USSD/Phonebook/SD Card
Connect upto 8 Wireless devices simultaneously
Removable Battery 3000 mAh
No Setup required
|Plan Name||Price in Nu||Data Quota (MB)||Validity|
|Daily 19||19||189||24 Hours|
|Daily 29||29||294||24 Hours|
|Weekly 39||39||371||1 week|
|Weekly 49||49||471||1 week|
|Monthly 99||99||959||1 Month|
|Monthly 199||199||1963||1 Month|
|Monthly 299||299||3244||1 Month|
|Monthly 499||499||5950||1 Month|
|Monthly 699||699||16138||1 Month|
|Monthly 799||799||19,266||1 Month|
|Monthly 999||999||27,100||1 Month|
|Monthly 1199||1199||35,160||1 Month|
The Prepaid Mobile Data Plan can be availed via e-Load, B-Wallet, B-Ngul,Chharo, E-Load, MBoB,mPAY and TPAY. Paper voucher for 49 and 99 are also available!
- Any prepaid recharge with the amount stated above will automatically subscribe to these plans.
- Subscription to these plans is only for data usage.
- Users can check the package by dialing *170#. The USSD balance statement will show the main account balance and the data package in MB.
- When data quota from these plan is exhausted, data charges will be deducted from the main account at the existing pay-per-use rate.
- Charges for the voice service will be deducted from the main account.
- You may also purchase data plan using your main balance through my BT app. In the “self-care portal, click on “Purchase data package” -> click on the chosen plan -> click “OK”. The corresponding amount will be deducted from your main balance
A flat rate of Nu. 0.1/- will be charged upto 50 Kb after which the normal rate of Nu .0003 per Kb will be applied.
Boosters for Postpaid
|Plan/Price (Nu.)||Data Volume (MB)||Validity||Remarks|
|80||685||Billing Cycle||available only after staggered plan, validity ends with the billing cycle|
Special Plans for both Postpaid and Prepaid
|Plan Name||Price (Nu.)||Data Volume (MB)||Validity||Criteria (Time)|
|Late Night Pack||110||2066||1 month||24:00 – 06:00|
|Weekend Pack||220||3255||4 weekends||Weekends|
Tourist SIM Packages
|Plan||Price||Talk-time/SMS Allowance||Data Allowance||Validity|
|200 Plan||Nu.200||Worth 100||1 GB||7 Days|
|300 Plan||Nu.300||Worth 100||2 GB||14 Days|
|500 Plan||Nu.500||Worth 200||3 GB||1 Month|
BT is pleased to launch data packages for students with effect from 11th May, 2020.
- For B-Mobile users – To check if you are registered for Student package – SMS your mobile number to 3333
- If you are not registered – Please register your Mobile number through your school
The student packages shall apply only to access eLearning sites (YouTube, Google Classroom & G-Suite, Moodle, e-Library, B-Trowa, Zoom).
Note: Student packages will be applicable to only those numbers provided by Ministry of Education. For further clarification, contact Yeshey Lhendup, Chief Program Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile number 1779090
|Packages||Data Quota (MB)||Validity|
Mobile Postpaid Plans
|Plan Name||Data Quota (MB)||Validity|
|Monthly 199||1963||1 Month|
|Monthly 299||3244||1 Month|
|Monthly 499||5950||1 Month|
|Monthly 699||16,138||1 Month|
|Monthly 799||19,266||1 Month|
|Monthly 1099||29,812||1 Month|
|Monthly 1199||35,162||1 Month|
|Monthly 1599||46,893||1 Month|
||Data Volume (MB)
|Late Night Pack||Nu.110||2066||1 Month||12 AM-6 AM|
|Weekend Plan||Nu.220||3255||4 Weeks||Weekends|
The new unlimited Late Night Plan is valid only for three months from January to June 2020.
|Plan Name||Price||Data Volume||Validity|
|Unlimited 55||Nu.55||Unlimited||1 day (from 1:00 AM – 7:00 AM)|
|Unlimited 255||Nu.255||Unlimited||10 days (from 1:00 AM – 7:00 AM)|
50% Bonus on Broadband customers (Note: Offer valid till 30th June,2020))
1. BTN 2840 for ADSL2+with RJ45 WAN PORT. Compatible with Media converter, FTTH (Fibre To Home) and ONT modem Optical Network Terminal.
2. BTN 2200 for D-Link DSL-2730-U (Wireless) with 1 year warrant
|Packages||Data Quota (MB)||Additional Charge Per MB|
|Packages||Data Quota (MB)|
|Bandwidth Speed||MRC in Nu.|