Bhutan Telecom Limited – Always there for you!
BTL came into existence on 1 July 2000 as a fully state-owned company, with the corporatization of the erstwhile Department of Telecommunications which was established in 1970. The first rudimentary works in building a telecommunication network in the country was taken up in 1963 to aid development works of the First Five Year Plan for modern economic development of the country. Since then, BTL has come a long way from its humble beginnings and today boasts of a fully digital microwave and optical fiber backbone network covering the length and breadth of the country.
BTL has left no stone unturned in its efforts towards fulfilling both its commercial and social mandates. Today, BTL’s revenue and customer base are growing at a sustained pace. B-Mobile has taken its services to even the remotest corners of the country where commercial viability is out of the question and its network has covered all 205 Gewogs (Blocks) in the country.
Vision : To be the company of choice
Bhutan Telecom Ltd is a responsible corporate entity always striving to be accountable through good corporate governance. It is guided by the following corporate ethics and beliefs in all its endeavours;
- To act responsibly towards local community embracing efficiency, transparency and accountability as its cornerstones for all operations.
- To act responsibly in upholding the principle of balanced economic development through extension of telecommunications service to rural and remote areas of the country.
- To promote and practice best work ethics by inculcating a sense of positive attitude in all its employees.
- To motivate employees by encouraging to take initiative through appropriate incentives and rewards based on merits
- To develop human capacities and capabilities through education, training and retraining of employees.
- To diversify products and services to meet changing needs of its customers and
- To implement good internal control systems designed to ensure complete and accurate procedures to limit potential losses and lapses through fraud
Send us an e-mail.
Drophen Lam 2/28
Get in touch with us