Bhutan Telecom Limited – Always there for you!
Handset Frequency: 900 MHz;
Average Speed: the data speed ranges from 100 kbps to 130 kbps
Call 1600 or visit any BTL counter and activate 3G on your number
1. Go to network settings on your phone and select mobile networks
2. Add access point and fill in the details as shown below:
a. Name: Give connection a name (it can be anything): example BTL
b. APN: internet
c. Authentication Type: PAP or CHAP
3. Save the access point and select the access point
Note: The handset configuration might differ depending on model and manufacturer of handset.
The average speed for 3G/GPRS & EDGE are as follows:
* For GPRS data service, the data speed range is from 30kbps to 40kbps
* For EDGE data service, the data speed range is from 100kbps to 130 kbps
* For 3G data service, the data speed range is from 550kbps to 1mbps
4G (LTE) service operates in 1800 MHz (band 3) with Frequency Division Duplex (FDD) technology.
Customers are advised to check with their vendors if their gadgets support this frequency band before availing 4G service.
Some examples of gadgets that can support this service are Sony Z, HTC one, Nokia Lumia-920 and iPad mini among others.
Handset Frequency: 850 mhz and 2100 mhz
Bhutan Telecom Limited launched the trial service for GPRS & EDGE on 5th April 2008 and 3G on 21st April, 2008. The commercial launch was held on 5th May, 2008.
Send us an e-mail.
Drophen Lam 2/28
Get in touch with us