BT Domain Registration Services allows individuals, companies and organizations to reserve a website domain, for example www.yourdomain.bt. Bhutan Telecom will register your domains under the sub-extension of .bt ( for example .com.bt etc) as part of the Bhutan Network Information Center. Bhutan Telecom also registers country level name, e.g. www.yourdomain.bt
Note : To check domain availability, please log on to www.nic.bt
- You will need a valid trade license if you are applying for domain names for your company to protect the copy right law, or your company’s name being registered by other.
- Organizations and government offices applying for a domain name will need a signed letter from the head of the organizaion/office as a proof for the domain being registered.
PROCEDURE FOR DOMAIN REGISTRATION (NATIONALS)
- For Domain Registration service, you need to fill up the form and submit it to the nearest Telecom Exchange counter.
RATES FOR DOMAIN REGISTRATION (NATIONALS)
|Domain Registration Level||Price(in NU)|
|2nd level||1000 for 1 year|
|3rd level||500 for 1 year|
INTERNATIONAL COMPANY’S DOMAIN REGISTRATION
International companies can register .bt domain name in your company’s name on providing proof of documents qualifying for registration like a registered trade license along with an application with the company’s letterhead and seal.
We accept the domain name abbreviation of the company and the minimum number of character accepted for a domain name is three.
To secure a domain name , domain name with multiple extentions – .bt , com.bt , org.bt , etc can be registered.
RATES FOR DOMAIN REGISTRATION(INTERNATIONAL)
- USD 100 per year for 2nd level domain(exclusive of bank transfer charges).
- USD 75 per year for 3rd level domain(exclusive of bank charges).
Customers who have registered .bt domain names with us can host websites outsides(other Services Providers in the country as well as Internationally).
Tariff : NU 1,000 per year